Members of CIW have access to:
- a broad range of turners within our club from beginners to members with over 30 years of experience. This includes members who have offered to formally mentor new turners.
- An extensive library containing numerous education books and DVDs that are available to our members at no cost.
- Training classes or seminars, given multiple times per year, featuring professional wood turners. These seminars are an excellent opportunity to learn through instruction and hands on training. Often, they cover specific tools and techniques that are new or non-traditional.
- Periodic demonstrations from professional turners.
- Monthly meetings where club members come together to offer support, critique, training, camaraderie, and a “show and tell” portion where members can show what they’ve created with others who understand their efforts.
- A live demonstration is given at each meeting, covering diverse methods, techniques, and projects.
- Discounts at a growing list of vendors who sell woodturning related products.
- Swap tools, wood, and more with other club members.
- GREAT forum to discuss woodturning topics of all sorts.